Welcome

Welcome to Flying Alligators & Empty Shovels

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Source of Alligator Pix

The alligator in the stamp on the book cover is a photograph of the one tattooed on my upper left arm.  The tattoo artist did the conceptual design as well, adding the wing and empty shovel to represent both parts of the book title.  One caution: never get a tattoo while on blood thinners!
Above that tattoo is Debbie's name in cursive Russian with swirls and a heart.  I was asked about it in a grocery store while checking out.  I explained that my wife made me get it to let any Russian ladies know I'm spoken for.  The check-out lady thought about this for a few seconds, and then turned to her colleague, who was also listening to my reply, and said, "Hmm, that's what I should have done with my first husband."  Her colleague quickly added, "Yea, but on a different part of his anatomy!"  Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment